We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 8 to 10
Cooks In1 hour
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 712 36%
Fat 35.4g 51%
Saturates 11.4g 57%
Sugars 3.6g 4%
Salt 1.5g 25%
Protein 49.8g 100%
Carbs 45g 17%
Fibre 3g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 400 g quality chorizo
- 1 small onion
- 50 g jarred piquillo peppers
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 22 free-range chicken drumettes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon tomato pureé
- 400 g Bomba paella rice
- 120 ml white wine
- 750 ml organic chicken stock
- 200 g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
By Maria Helm Sinskey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Slice the chorizo, peel and finely dice the onion, and finely dice the peppers. Pick and finely chop the parsley.
- Season the drumettes all over with sea salt and black pepper. Place a 30cm ovenproof sauté pan over a medium-high heat, add the oil, then add the chicken drumettes, in batches, and brown well on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chorizo and onions to the pan, and cook until the onions are softened – about 4 minutes. Add the piquillo peppers, paprika and tomato pureé, season and cook until the tomato pureé bubbles.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir well to coat it evenly with the tomato mixture. Cook the rice for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, stir through and bring to the boil. Once the rice has absorbed the wine, add 750ml hot water or stock, then stir in the peas and half the parsley. Arrange all of the chicken drumettes on top of the rice, in a spoke pattern.
- Bring the paella back to the boil then transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until the rice is nice and tender.
- Remove the paella from the oven, cover lightly with foil and leave to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the rest of the parsley on top and lemon wedges on the side.